Hey there! It’s time for the Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have a great core exercise to show you. It’s called the Bird Dog Crunch and it’s going to work your lower back and abdominals. Also, if you have some back pain the Bird Dog Crunch can help give you some relief.
Let’s take a look at how to do the Bird Dog Crunch properly.
- get in to the starting position on your hands and knees
- extend your left arm out in front of you and your right leg behind you until they are in line with your back
- crunch your right leg in and at the same time try to touch your knee with your left elbow
- get a good squeeze on the abs then extend back out and repeat for desired amount of reps or time
- when you are finished with the one side repeat on the other side for the same amount of reps or time
So there you have the Bird Dog Crunch! It’s a fairly straight forward exercise that is very effective to strengthen your core.
See you next week with another new exercise!