Hello, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a very challenging upper body and core exercise for you to try called the Pushup Butt Drop. This exercise is definitely going to take some practice and I’ve included a modified version in the video that you can start with if you’re having trouble doing the full version.
The Pushup Butt Drop will work your chest, shoulders, triceps, and your entire core muscles.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Pushup Butt Drop.
- start by getting in to a full pushup position with your hands wider than your shoulders and in line with your chest
- keep your abs tight and lower your body until you are almost touching the floor
- push yourself back up and at the top of the movement, rotate your left foot and bring your heel down
- at the same time, lift your left hand off the floor and bring your right leg underneath you
- reach for your right foot with your left hand while you drop your butt towards the floor but stop just before you touch the floor
- rotate back to the starting position and then repeat the pushup
- now rotate your right foot down, lift your right hand off the floor, and bring your left leg underneath you
- reach for your left foot with your right hand while dropping your butt towards the floor
- return to the starting position and repeat each side for your desired amount of reps or time
- you can modify this exercise to make it a bit easier by performing your pushup from your knees. After the pushup, lift your knees off the floor and do the butt drop as described before
So there you have the Pushup Butt Drop. This one is going to take some practice so take your time getting the move down. Once you get it though, it is very effective and fun to do and it will add some variety to your workout. It also looks really cool and you will definitely impress your friends!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!