It’s Friday and this Home Exercise of the Week is coming a bit late but if you’re planning a workout this weekend then try adding in this killer ab burning exercise!
The V Up Roll Up is a P90X move and I wanted to share it with all of you because it is a very effective exercise to strengthen and tone your upper and lower abdominals.
Technique is important as always but especially with this ab move. If done properly it will destroy your abs and you’ll be cursing at me for ever asking you to try it. If done incorrectly, it can put a lot of strain on your lower back and we don’t want that!
So let’s take a look at the key points to doing the V Up Roll Up properly.
- lay flat with your arms straight up over your chest
- pull your belly button in towards your spine
- sit all the way up keeping your belly button pulled in and reach towards your toes
- keep your head straight throughout (no tucking your chin in to your neck)
- as you start to lay back down, raise your legs up keeping them straight until your lower back touches the floor. There is a tendency sometimes to do the second crunch before your lower back touches the floor and this is where your lower back can become strained. The position you want to be in before the second crunch is almost laying all the way down with just your shoulders and head off the floor.
- keeping your legs straight at about a 45 degree angle, do the second crunch by reaching towards your toes
- repeat and let the burning begin! 😉
So there you have the V Up Roll Up. I thank you Tony Horton from P90X for showing this great ab exercise and although you might not thank him or me for showing you this, in the end your abs will! 🙂