Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week. This time I have a great TRX exercise for you to try called the TRX Power Pull.
The TRX Power Pull is a unilateral back exercise that targets your upper back muscles including the rear deltoids and trapezius. You will also be working your biceps and obliques.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the TRX Power Pull.
- grab one handle of the TRX with your right hand
- keep your toes pointed forward towards the anchor point of the TRX and lean back until your right arm is fully extended
- keep you right arm raised to shoulder height
- from this extended arm position rotate your body to the left and reach behind you with your left arm
- now rotate back to center while pulling your body up with your right arm
- keep your right elbow high and in line with your upper back while reaching and tapping the TRX strap with your left arm
- squeeze the muscles of the back at the top of this movement and then extend back out
- complete your desired amount of reps or time and then repeat the movement for the other side to finish your set
So there you have the TRX Power Pull. It can be tricky to get the hand of this movement but once you do it’s fun and very effective.
Let me know how you do with this one in the comment section below and if you don’t have a TRX then I highly recommend getting one. They can be used anywhere and there are tons of exercises you can do with it.
See you next week with another new exercise!