Hey, it’s Home Exercise of the Week time again and this week I have a cardiovascular and core exercise for you to try that I call the Triangle Jump.
The Triangle Jump is primarily a core exercise but you will also be working many other muscle groups including your shoulders, triceps, and legs. This move is also kind of like a burpee which makes it a fairly intense cardiovascular exercise. Your heart will be pumping and you will be sweating!
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Triangle Jump.
- start in a full plank pushup position with your hands directly under your shoulders
- engage your abs and glutes and keep your back straight
- jump your feet forward so that they are tucked in underneath you
- from this tucked position jump both feet back and out to the left at about a 45 degree angle
- jump both feet back up to the middle and tucked in underneath you
- now jump both feet back and out to the right at the same 45 degree angle
- return to the middle and keep jumping side to side for your desired amount of reps or time
- keep your abs and glutes flexed throughout the movement
So there you have the Triangle Jump. It’s intense. It will make you sweat. Your muscles will be burning. It will be worth it.
Let me know how you do with this one in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!