Hello HomeBody Training followers! It’s time for another Home Exercise of the Week and this time I have an upper body and core combination exercise to show you called the Close Grip Pushup Mountain Climber.
This is a great exercise to work your chest, tricep, shoulder, and abdominal muscles! Also, since this move incorporates many muscle groups you will be burning more calories making this an effective fat burning exercise as well as a muscle building one.
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Close Grip Pushup Mountain Climber properly.
- get in to the pushup position with your hands closer together than a standard pushup
- make sure your hands are directly under your chest
- from this position slowly lower yourself down to about an inch from the floor while keeping your elbows tucked in to your sides. Don’t let them flare out.
- push back up to the start position and from here you will drive one knee up underneath you while squeezing your abdominals
- return the leg to the start position and repeat with the other leg. That’s one rep.
- repeat the whole movement starting with the close grip pushup then the mountain climber
- make sure to keep your hips down and body as straight as you can while doing the pushup and the mountain climber
- if you have trouble doing a full close grip pushup then perform the pushup from the modified knee position then go up on your toes to do the mountain climber
- as with all exercises make sure you engage your core throughout the movement
There you have the Close Grip Pushup Mountain Climber! It will be tough and some of you may dislike this one but it is very effective in strengthening and toning the upper body especially the triceps and the core.