Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have another great core exercise for you to try called the Cross Body V Up.
The Cross Body V Up is going to work your upper and lower abdominal muscles as well as your obliques and hip flexor muscles. There are a couple of ways to do this exercise. The first is with one of your legs bent and the other is with both legs straight. The bent leg version is a bit more challenging than the straight leg version so do the version that challenges you the most.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Cross Body V Up.
- start by laying down face up on the floor with both arms down by your side
- keep your right knee bent and straighten your left leg
- keep your left arm down along side your body and extend your right arm behind your head (this will be the starting position)
- engage your abs by pulling your belly button in and down towards the floor
- raise your left leg up in the air while at the same time raising your right arm up towards your left leg
- keep your head as straight as possible throughout and really squeeze your abs at the top of the movement
- slowly return the right arm and left leg back toward the starting position but don’t let your left foot, right arm, or head touch the ground (this will keep tension on the abs)
- repeat for your desired amount of reps or time
- once you have completed the set, switch sides so that your left leg is bent and your left arm is extended behind your head
- complete your desired amount of reps or time for this side
So there you have the Cross Body V Up. This is a very effective core exercise that will have your abs burning!
Let me know how you like this one in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!