HOME EXERCISE OF THE WEEK
The Donkey Kick is a great plyometric exercise that is going to target your glutes primarily but will also work your shoulders and core muscles. The jump adds a cardiovascular component to the exercise which will strengthen your cardiovascular system and burn more calories in the process. It’s a fairly simple move but it does take some coordination and you have to be quick with the kick in order to land back on your feet.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Donkey Kick.
- get in to a full plank position with your feet together
- engage your abs and glutes and jump both feet straight up in the air
- as soon as you jump, bend both legs and try to kick your butt with both feet before falling back down to the floor
- after the kick, extend both legs back out and land from the jump in to the starting position
- repeat the move for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Donkey Kick. It’s a bit of a funny looking exercise but it will give you great glutes and get you sweating and burning calories!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!