Hello! It’s a new week which means it’s time for another new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a great lower body and posterior chain exercise for you to try called the Glute Bridge Walkout.
The Glute Bridge Walkout will really fire up your glutes and hamstrings. The move is simple but don’t let that fool you…these are tough! I’m demonstrating the bodyweight version in the video but you can make this even more challenging by placing a weight plate on your stomach throughout the movement.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Glute Bridge Walkout.
- start by lying face up on your mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- from this position, drive your hips up as high as you can and squeeze your glutes
- now take small steps forward on your heels while keeping your glutes up
- maintain your weight on your heels throughout the movement
- once your legs are almost straight, reverse the movement and take small steps back to the starting position, again while keeping your hips up throughout
- always remember to keep your hips up, your glutes engaged, and walk on your heels
- repeat for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Glute Bridge Walkout. If you want to get buns of steel then definitely add this exercise to your routine. It’s going to burn but it’ll be worth it!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!