Hey there! It’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have one of my favourite ab exercise for you to try called the Heel Touch Crunch.
The Heel Touch Crunch is going to focus on your upper abs and obliques. The move is simple but don’t let that fool you. You’re going to get a nice burn from this one!
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Heel Touch Crunch.
- start by laying face up on your mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- flex your abs and pull your belly button down towards the floor to keep your abs engaged and your lower back flat against the floor
- crunch your upper body up until your head and shoulders are off the mat
- keep looking up to avoid tucking your chin in to your chest
- from this starting position, reach your left hand towards your left foot and tap your heel (this will give you a nice contraction in your oblique)
- return to the center and immediately reach your right hand towards your right foot and tap your heel
- keep your abs engaged throughout and alternate back and forth for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Heel Touch Crunch. Add this to your routine and fire up those abs!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!