Hello! It’s Wednesday which means it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a great full body exercise for you to try called the Inch Worm. This may sound like an easy exercise but don’t let the cute name fool you…it’s quite challenging!
The Inch Worm is going to work your core, arms, chest, shoulders, and upper back and it will also increase your strength and flexibility.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Inch Worm.
- start in a full plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and your body perfectly straight
- keep your head in line with your spine throughout the movement and keep your abs and glutes engaged (this will help keep your hips up and in line with your body)
- now slowly walk your feet towards your hands in small steps while keeping your legs perfectly straight and not bending at the knees
- when you can no longer walk your feet any further without bending your legs, start walking your hands forward in small steps until you are back in the starting plank position
- repeat the movement for your desired amount of reps or time and if you run out of room to inch forward then you can reverse the movement and go backwards
- to reverse the movement start in the plank position and start by walking your hands back until you can go no further without bending your legs
- then walk your feet back in small steps until you are back in the starting plank position
So there you have the Inch Worm. It sounds cute and easy but it will definitely get you sweating while giving you a great strength, core, and flexibility workout!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!