Hello, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a challenging leg and plyometric exercise to show you called the Kneel to Stand Jump Squat.
This is a great exercise to work your quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings and it will also mimic a step up without having to use a step. The jump will also add a plyometric component which will give you a great cardiovascular workout and work your fast twitch muscle fibers.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Kneel to Stand Jump Squat.
- start in a kneeling position with your body nice and tall (don’t sit back on your heels)
- lift your left leg and bring your foot underneath you without leaning to the side too much then repeat for your right leg. You are now in a squat position
- keep your knees over your toes and your back straight in this squat position
- now jump up as high as you can
- once you land from your jump, squat down and then return to your knees
- repeat the movement but this time lead with your right leg
- keep alternating your lead leg to get equal work on both sides throughout your set
So there you have the Kneel to Stand Jump Squat. This will take some practice but once you get it down it is a great exercise to add to your lower or full body routine that will get your legs burning and your heart pumping!
Let me know how you do with this one in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!