Hey there! I have a new Home Exercise of the Week to show you and this core exercise is going to target your obliques as well as work your shoulders isometrically. It’s called the Side Plank Contralateral Knee Tuck and it is quite challenging so take it slow until you get the hang of it and then work your way up to higher reps.
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Side Plank Contralateral Knee Tuck properly.
- start in a side plank position with your elbow directly under your shoulder
- offset your foot position by bringing your top leg to the front and your bottom leg to the back
- raise your hips up until your body is straight and contract your abdominals
- extend your top arm overhead and from this position drive your bottom knee up underneath you and at the same time bend your top arm so the elbow and knee meet in the middle
- squeeze your abdominals then return to the starting position
- repeat for the desired amount of time or reps then do the same for the other side
So there you have the Side Plank Contralateral Knee Tuck. It’s a tough one but well worth the effort! If you have any questions please comment on this post or feel free to email me.