Hello HomeBody Training followers, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a great core exercise for you to try called the Bicycle Twist.
The Bicycle Twist is going to work your upper and lower abs, obliques, hip flexors, and lower back. This exercise requires a bit of coordination and can be a bit tricky to get the movement going smoothly but once you get it I think you will enjoy this one a lot. I know I do but I’m weird that way. 😉
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Bicycle Twist.
- sit down on your mat with your knees bent and lean back until your upper body is around a 45 degree angle
- clasp your hands together, engage your abs, and raise your feet off the floor
- from this starting position rotate to the right while flexing your abs and extending your left leg forward
- now rotate your upper body all the way to the left side while bringing in your left leg and extending your right leg forward
- keep rotating your body and extending your legs in a slow and controlled movement
- repeat for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Bicycle Twist! You can make this even more challenging by holding on to a medicine ball, dumbbell, kettlebell, baby, or anything you have at home that can add resistance!
Let me know how you like the Bicycle Twist and if you have any questions in the comments below.
See you next week with another new exercise!