Hello there, it’s time for another Home Exercise of the Week! This time I have a fun leg and cardio move for you to try called the Speed Skater.
The Speed Skater is a plyometric exercise that is going to work your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and obliques as well as give you a great cardiovascular workout.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Speed Skater.
- from a standing position, hop to the right and land on your right foot
- descend in to a half lunge while crossing your left leg behind your right leg
- from this position, explode up and hop to the left landing on your left foot
- descend in to a half lunge again while crossing your right leg behind your left leg
- repeat back and forth for the desired amount of reps or time
- keep your abs tight and flexed throughout the movement
So there you have the Speed Skater. Add this in to your cardio or leg routine and you will get your heart pumping and your legs burning!
Let me know how you do with this one in the comments below or let me know if you have any questions. I’m here to help!
See you next week with another new exercise.