Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a heart pumping lower body and plyometric exercise for you to try called the Jumping Jack Squat.
The Jumping Jack Squat will work all the muscles of the legs including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves and the jumping jack part of the exercise will give you a great cardiovascular exercise and will also work the arms and shoulders.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Jumping Jack Squat.
- start by standing nice and tall with your feet together and your arms at your side
- lower your body like you are going to sit in a chair while keeping your weight on your heels and your back straight
- make sure to drive your hips back to prevent your knees from going past your toes
- once your thighs are parallel to the floor, explode up from the squat position and jump your feet out to the side while raising both arms over your head
- jump your feet back together while lowering your arms down to your sides and descend back in to a squat
- repeat the movement for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Jumping Jack Squat. Your heart will be pumping, your legs will be burning, and you’ll be sweating. That probably doesn’t sound very pleasant but it will be worth it! 😉
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!
Very Interesting Blog