Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have an excellent core exercise for you to try called the Medicine Ball V Up.
The Medicine Ball V Up targets your upper and lower abdominal muscles as well as your hip flexors. The advantage of doing this exercise with a medicine ball is the added resistance you will get throughout the movement. This will work your abs harder and make the exercise more challenging. If you don’t have a medicine ball you can do this exercise with any object around the house that is easy to hold and has some weight to it.
Let’s take at look at the key performance points of the exercise.
- lay down on your mat in a face up position
- place the medicine ball on the floor behind your head and fully extend your legs and arms
- grab the medicine ball, flex your abs, and crunch up keeping your head in line with your spine (try not to tuck your chin in to your chest)
- at the same time raise your legs up and move them towards the medicine ball in your hands (you’re now in a V type position)
- engage your abs and hold this V position for a second and then lower your arms and legs back down towards the floor
- stop lowering your arms and legs right before they touch the floor – this will keep tension on your abs throughout the exercise
- repeat for your desired amount of reps
So there you have the Medicine Ball V Up. Add this challenging core exercise to your ab routine or at the end of your workout.
Let me know how you do with this exercise in the comment section below or if you have any questions.
I will see you next week with another new exercise!