Happy new year everyone! It’s a brand new year and I’m sure many of you have set some resolutions or revisited some previous years resolutions but regardless it’s time to get your butt in gear!
What better way to get your butt in gear than doing a leg exercise. The first Home Exercise of the Week for the new year is the Sumo Squat.
The Sumo Squat is a safe and effective leg exercise that really targets your inner thighs along with your glutes and hamstrings. It will really help too if you plan on doing some sumo wrestling! 🙂
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Sumo Squat effectively.
- start with your feet wider than your shoulders with your toes pointed out slightly
- keep your back straight, head up, and shoulders back
- squat down keeping your knees in line with your toes (don’t let them shoot past your toes)
- once your thighs are parallel to the floor or below, push yourself back up through your heels
- don’t lock your knees at the top
- inhale as you go down and exhale on the way back up
So there you have the Sumo Squat! Add this to your leg routine and in no time you will have strong, toned legs and will be ready to take on any sumo wrestler who comes your way! 😉