Hey there! I hope you’ve been working hard with these Home Workouts of the Week. I have a new one for you this week and this time you are going to be doing a Lower Body/Core Circuit Workout!
Legs are always challenging and the least favorite for most people to work on. The reason for this is because the legs consist of some of the biggest muscles in your body and thus require more oxygen and blood to be pumped to them while exercising. This means a higher heart rate and more rapid breathing. So basically working your legs is going to really tire you out. That being said, the benefits far outweigh the temporary discomfort. Working your legs will increase your metabolism, burn more calories, excrete more growth hormone in the body helping them to recover as well as helping the rest of your muscles to grow, and also give you shapely toned legs over time.
So work your legs hard and enjoy the benefits! Let me know how you do with the workout or if you have any questions.
Happy leg training!
Lower Body/Core Workout
- 30 seconds of Jumping Jacks
- 10 Spinal Rotations for each side
- 10 Shoulder Circles for each arm
- 12 Body Weight Squats
- 12 Spiderman Climbs
- 5 Squat Hold – 3 rounds of 5 squats followed by a 10 second hold
- Sumo Squat – 15 reps
- One Leg Squat – 10 reps each leg
- One Sided Body Weight Squat – 10 reps each leg
- Jump Lunge Hold – 12 reps total with a few second hold after each jump
- Reverse Lunge One Leg Deadlift – 10 reps each leg
- One Leg Bridge – 10 reps each leg
- 3 Angle Calf Raise – 10 reps each foot position
Rest for 60 to 90 seconds then repeat the circuit 2 more times.