Hey everyone! I have a new Home Exercise of the Week for you to try. This one is called the Hip Bridge Swing and it’s a great exercise to work your hamstrings, glutes, triceps, shoulders, and obliques!
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Hip Bridge Swing properly.
- start by sitting on your mat with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and leaning back on your hands
- from this position you will drive your hips upward while squeezing your glutes, contracting your abs, and keeping your head in line with your spine
- from the top position of the exercise take your right hand off the floor and reach up and over across your body to your left twisting and contracting your abs as you do so
- return your right hand to the floor and lower your hips until you are almost touching the floor
- drive your hips up again until your body is as straight as can be and lift your left hand up and over towards the right side of your body while contracting your abs
- return to the starting position while keeping your butt off the floor throughout the entire set and repeat for the desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Hip Bridge Swing! Add this in to your lower body or full body routine and get those glues and hamstrings burning!