Hey everyone! It’s time for another Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have combined two exercises in one to really burn your legs out and get your heart rate up.
The exercise is called the Lateral Lunge Helicopter and it’s going to target all the muscles of the lower body. It’s a plyometric move as well so get ready to sweat as your heart rate increases to pump all the oxygenated blood to the working muscles! You’ll not only be working your lower body but you will be working on your cardiovascular conditioning as well.
Also, if you hold a dumbbell with both hands in a half curled position while doing the movement you can get a good isometric bicep workout during the set!
Let’s take a look at how to do the Lateral Lunge Helicopter properly.
- stand tall with your shoulders back and your feet shoulder width apart
- lunge to your right and keep your body weight on your right heel
- keep your left leg straight while squatting down on your right leg
- push up through your right leg back to the starting position
- squat down on both legs and then jump as hard as you can and turn 180 degrees in the air
- you’ll now be facing the opposite direction
- lunge to your left side to work your left leg and repeat the movement
So there you have the Lateral Lunge Helicopter! It is quite challenging but once you get the hang of it, you’ll want to add this in to your lower body or full body workout routine. Nothing gets you results more quickly than plyometric and dynamic movements!
Happy jumping and I’ll see you next week with another new exercise!