Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This time I have a dumbbell exercise for you called the Two Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row. This is a great compound exercise to work your lats, rhomboids, rear delts, traps, and biceps.
If you don’t have a set of dumbbells that’s ok, you can use any two objects that are equally balanced like a couple of water jugs.
Let’s take a look at how to do the Two Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row properly.
- hold a dumbbell or heavy object in each hand and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart
- bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist
- keep bending forward while keeping your back as straight as possible until your torso is almost parallel to the floor
- from this bent over position, exhale and pull the dumbbells up and towards you while keeping your elbows tucked in to your sides
- squeeze your back muscles and your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement
- pause for a second and then inhale and lower the weights to the starting position
- repeat for your desired repetitions
So there you have the Two Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row. This is one of the best compound exercises for you back and you will build a lot of strength and help prevent a lot of back injuries with this exercise.
Let me know how you do with this one in the comment section below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!