Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday and now that 2019 is in full swing, I have a new Home Exercise of the Week for you to try.
I’m sure a lot of you have health and fitness new year’s resolutions so to help you out with that here’s a full body move called the TRX Squat and Y Fly.
The TRX Squat and Y Fly is going to work your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, shoulders, and upper back. The TRX is ideal for this exercise but if you don’t have one you could also use a band attached to a door.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the TRX Squat and Y Fly.
- grab the handles of the TRX and raise your arms up in to a Y shape keeping your arms fully extended
- now step back until there is no slack on the TRX
- keep your arms straight and lower them down in front until your hands are at shoulder height while at the same time leaning back and letting the TRX support your body weight (this will be your starting point)
- keeping your arms extended, lower your body in to a squat while keeping your body weight on your heels
- push up through your heels and as you come up out of the squat, raise your arms above your head in to the Y position pulling your body upright and squeezing your shoulders and upper back muscles
- lower your arms back down to shoulder height while leaning back and repeat the movement for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the TRX Squat and Y Fly. This is a fairly simple but very effective full body exercise. Add this in to your full body routine to work multiple muscles and burn more calories.
Let me know how you do with this one or if you have any questions in the comments below.
See you next week with another new exercise!