Hey everyone! I’m back with a new Home Exercise of the Week and this time I have a great full body exercise for you to try called the Cross Body Punch Jump Squat.
This exercise will work your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, obliques, deltoids, and triceps as well as giving you a great cardiovascular workout.
If you have problems with your knees then I would suggest not doing the jump squat and instead just do a stationary squat.
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Cross Body Punch Jump Squat properly.
- stand tall with your feet shoulder width apart and your fists up in front of you
- rotate your body to the left while rotating your right foot and extending your right arm out to a punch
- make sure that you are flexing your abs throughout the entire movement
- return to the starting position then rotate your body to the right while rotating your left foot and extending your left arm
- return to the starting position again and go in to a deep squat making sure you are sitting back on your heels
- in one explosive movement jump up as high as you can and then land back in to a deep squat
- repeat for the desired amount of reps
There you have the Cross Body Punch Jump Squat. Add this exercise to your full body routine and get those muscles working!