Hey there! It has been a while since I’ve posted a new Home Exercise of the Week but the series is back and I have a whole bunch of new exercises to show you over the next few months.
This week I have the Dumbbell Burpee Shoulder Press. This is a fantastic full body exercise that will target your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, core, shoulders, and triceps. You will also get a really good cardiovascular workout from this exercise! If you don’t have dumbbells that’s ok, you can use any substitute like a medicine ball, sandbag, or just put your hands up in the air.
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Dumbbell Burpee Shoulder Press properly.
- have a pair of dumbbells (or substitute) in front of you at your feet
- squat down and grab the handles of the dumbbells
- from this position jump both feet back until you are in a full plank position while keeping your core flexed and tight
- jump your feet back up to your hands and stand up with the dumbbells in your hands
- press the weights up over your head to do the shoulder press
- lower the weights back down to the floor and repeat
So there you have the Dumbbell Burpee Shoulder Press. It’s a challenging exercise that will get you sweating and your heart pumping!
I’ll be back next week with another new exercise so stay tuned and feel free to leave a comment below about how you did with the exercise or if you have any questions.