Hey there! It’s time for another new Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have a great exercise for you to try called Bicycle Claps.
Bicycle Claps are going to get your abs burning and you will also be working your hip flexors (hip flexors are the muscles that help raise your legs up). The move is fairly straight forward but it does take a bit of co-ordination and balance so it may take a bit of practice to get good at it.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of Bicycle Claps.
- start by sitting up on your mat and leaning back at a 45 degree angle
- bend your legs and raise both feet off the floor
- engage your abs by squeezing your stomach throughout the movement
- from this starting position, extend your right leg while keeping your left leg bent
- while you are extending your right leg, reach underneath your bent left leg and clap both hands together
- return your right leg to the starting position and at the same time extend your left leg
- now clap your hands together under your bent right leg
- alternate back and forth for your desired amount of reps or time
- remember to keep your abs engaged, upper body at a 45 degree angle, and your feet off the floor throughout the entire exercise
So there you have Bicycle Claps. You’ll be well on your way to a strong core if you add this move to your exercise routine!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!