Hey there! It’s a new week and time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have another great lower body and ab exercise for you to try called the Bridge Hold Leg Raise.
The Bridge Hold Leg Raise is going to target your hamstrings, glutes, hip flexors, and abs. The glutes and hamstrings will be worked isometrically while the hip flexors will be worked through concentric and eccentric contraction.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Bridge Hold Leg Raise.
- start by lying face up on your mat with your right knee bent and your left leg fully extended
- from this position, drive your hips up as high as you can by pushing through your right heel and squeezing your glutes
- now raise your extended left leg straight up in to the air while squeezing your abs
- lower your left leg slowly back down until it is almost touching the floor
- keep raising and lowering your left leg while maintaining your weight on your right heel for your desired amount of reps or time
- now bend your left knee and extend your right leg and repeat the movement on your right side for your desired amount of reps or time to finish off the set
So there you have the Bridge Hold Leg Raise. Add this in to your lower or full body routine and you’ll be on your way to stronger glutes and abs in no time!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!