HOME EXERCISE OF THE WEEK
The Burpee Jump Lunge is a very challenging full body exercise that is going to target your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, core, shoulders, and arms. The plyometric component is also going to work on your balance, coordination, your cardiovascular system and the fast-twitch muscle fibers that are responsible for big explosive movements.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Burpee Jump Lunge.
- crouch down and place your hands on the floor as if you were going to do a pushup
- jump your feet back until you are fully extended in a full plank position
- from this full plank position, jump your feet back up and underneath you then jump straight up and bring your left leg forward and your right leg back so that you land from the jump in a lunge position
- make sure both legs are at 90 degree angles at the bottom of the lunge and your weight is placed on your front heel
- from here, jump straight up and switch your legs in the air so that your right leg is forward and your left leg is back
- land from the jump in to a lunge position again and repeat the upward jump
- now land from this jump with both feet together and immediately bring your hands down to the floor and repeat the burpee
- repeat the entire sequence of moves for your desired amount of reps or time
- always make sure to keep your abs engaged throughout the movement
So there you have the Burpee Jump Lunge. This is a great exercise to add in to a HIIT session or a full body routine. It won’t be easy but you will be burning a ton of calories while building muscular and cardiovascular strength and endurance. Get ready to sweat!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!