Hey there! It’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a challenging core exercise for you to try called the Knee Through.
The Knee Through will work your obliques, lower abs, transverse abdominis (the deep ab muscles that stabilize your core), shoulders, and triceps.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Knee Through.
- start on your hands and toes with your knees tucked underneath you (your knees should not be touching the floor)
- while leaving your right hand and left foot on the floor, lift your right foot and sweep your right knee underneath you towards the left as you rotate your body in the same direction
- your left hand should lift up as you sweep your right knee underneath you
- return to all fours with your knees still off the floor and repeat for the other side but lifting your left foot and right hand this time and sweeping your left knee underneath you
- alternate back and forth for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Knee Through. It’s a bit tricky to get the form down but once you do it is a very effective core exercise and it could also double as a breakdancing move that you can impress your friends with on the dance floor. 😉
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!