Hello, it’s a brand new week which means it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This time I have a fun variation of the plank for you to try called the Pike Reach.
The Pike Reach is not a complicated exercise but it is very effective in working your core, chest, and shoulders. You will also get a nice stretch through your hamstrings and calf muscles.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Pike Reach.
- start in a full plank position with your feet shoulder width apart
- drive your hips up in to the air and reach your right hand to your left foot while keeping your legs straight and your abs tight
- if you can’t touch your foot that’s ok, just reach as far as you can without bending your legs
- return to the starting position then repeat the movement with your left hand reaching toward your right foot
- alternate back and forth until you’ve reached your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Pike Reach. It may look simple but it is very effective and after a few reps you will definitely be feeling the burn!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!