Hello and Happy New Year! It’s a brand new year so let’s start 2021 off right with a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have a great cardio and core-strengthening exercise to show you called Plank Jacks.
Plank Jacks will help strengthen the muscles of the upper and lower body and will also increase core strength and stability, burn calories, and help reduce fat.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of Plank Jacks.
- start in a full plank position with your hands under your shoulders and your feet together. Your body should be in a straight line from your head to your heels
- while engaging your abs, jump both feet out wide to each side as if you were doing a horizontal jumping jack
- stay in the plank position with your abs engaged as you quickly jump your feet back together
- continue to jump back in and out for your desired amount of reps or time while keeping your back flat and don’t let your hips drop too much throughout the movement
- you can also modify this to a lower impact version by stepping each foot out to the side and back in instead of jumping
So there you have Plank Jacks. Add this exercise to your routine and you will strengthen your core, help prevent back pain, and get the benefits of a cardio exercise!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!