Hey there! It’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have a great ab exercise for you to try called the Cross Leg Wide Leg Situp.
The Cross Leg Wide Leg Situp is going to work your upper and lower abs as well as your obliques. It can be challenging in the beginning to sit all the way up without your legs lifting up too so you may want to have someone hold your legs down or brace them under something. In time, as your abs get stronger, you will be able to do this without bracing your legs.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Cross Leg Wide Leg Situp.
- start by laying face up on your mat with your legs straight and your feet nice and wide
- place your left hand under your head and extend your right arm straight up towards the ceiling
- flex your abs and without rounding your back, sit straight up while keeping your right arm extended towards the ceiling
- now take that right arm and reach across towards your left foot while keeping your abs engaged
- return to the middle and slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position
- now switch arms so that your right hand is under your head and your left arm is extended up towards the ceiling
- repeat the sit up but this time reach across with your left arm to your right foot
- return to the center and slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position
- keep alternating between each side for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Cross Leg Wide Leg Situp. Definitely add this to your routine to get all areas of your abs fired up!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!