Hey there! It’s a new week which means it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This time I have a challenging upper body exercise for you to try called Spiderman Pushups.
Spiderman Pushups will work your chest, shoulders, and triceps, and the knee driving up towards your elbow will give your core a really good workout. If you have trouble doing the full pushup, you can start with the modified from-the-knees version which you can see in the video demonstration.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of Spiderman Pushups.
- start by getting in to a full pushup position with your hands wider than your shoulders and in line with your chest
- squeeze your abs and your glutes to keep your body nice and straight and to prevent your hips from dropping
- now lower your body down towards the floor keeping your arms at about a 45 degree angle from your body
- as you are lowering your body down towards the floor, lift your left foot off the floor and drive your left knee towards your left elbow
- your knee should reach or almost reach your elbow at the bottom portion of the pushup
- push your body back up while returning your left leg to the starting position
- now repeat the pushup but this time drive your right knee towards your right elbow
- return to the starting position and then keep alternating sides until you have completed your desired amount of reps or time
- for a slightly easier modified version, drop down to your knees and perform the exercise from your knees throughout the set
So there you have Spiderman Pushups. It’s a tough one but once you get the move down it looks pretty cool and you will get those upper body muscles and core fired up!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!