Hey there, it’s time for a new Home Exercise of the Week! This week I have another very challenging upper body and core exercise for you to try called the Tricep Plank Press. This one is going to fire up your triceps a lot and will also work your core, chest, and shoulders. It will take some practice so take your time doing it and start out with the modified from-the-knees version if you need to.
Let’s take a look at the key performance points of the Tricep Plank Press.
- start by getting in to a plank position with your elbows directly under your shoulders and palms on the floor
- make sure your body is in a straight line from head to toes and engage your core to keep your hips from dropping
- if needed, drop your knees down to the floor to do the modified version
- from this plank position, push your body up through the palms of your hands until your arms are fully extended
- squeeze the triceps at the top of the movement and then slowly lower your elbows back down to the floor
- keep your abs and glutes tight throughout the exercise
- repeat for your desired amount of reps or time
So there you have the Tricep Plank Press. It’s a challenging exercise but one that will build a lot of strength and muscle in your triceps and core without having to use any equipment. Start with the modified version and then work your way up to the full pushup. Get those triceps fired up!
Let me know how you do in the comments below or if you have any questions.
See you next week with another new exercise!