Hey everyone! It’s time for the Home Exercise of the Week and this week I have a plyometric core exercise for you to try. It’s called the Plank Jumping Jack and the plank part of the exercise will isometrically work your core and the jumping jack part of the exercise will add the plyometric component to increase your heart rate and burn more calories.
Let’s take a look at the key points to doing the Plank Jumping Jack properly.
- get in to the plank position on your forearms and toes with your elbows directly underneath your shoulders, hips down, and head in a neutral position
- contract your abdominals throughout the movement
- jump your feet out wide and then jump them back to the starting position
- repeat at a quick pace for the desired amount of reps or time
- to modify the exercise for a slightly easier version you can step one foot out at a time instead of jumping
So there you have the Plank Jumping Jack. Give it a try and let me know how you do. See you next week with another new exercise!